Friday, 1 February 2013

Extraordinary Service, Transplant Beauty & Birthdays!

19Dec
I had a lovely conversation with Jade, at NovaScotian Crystal today. But let me back up a bit here...in Aug2007, we made a family trip to Halifax and did a tour of the Pier 21 area, including a stop at NovaScotian Crystal, where we watched the artisans at work for awhile and then wandered thru the shop admiring the finished products.



Courtney and I stopped to admire the patterns on the various glasses, when she was taken with one in particular. The glass that is, not the pattern. She fell in love with the Martini glasses (and if I recall correctly, liked all of the patterns). She said she’d love to get one, but they are hand crafted and were beyond her budget at the time. I told her, I’d be happy to get one for her...when she turned 19 and could actually drink a Martini from it.

Well her 19th birthday was on 17Dec this year and I’ve been checking regularly to try to acquire one of these beautiful works of art for her - unfortunately they are out of stock each time I check. I don’t have a back up plan for this year’s birthday - this was the year for the crystal, so decided to call and see what I could find out about an eta on restocking the glasses.

I was lucky to have the line answered by Jade who was more than happy to help me. She checked and advised me that indeed, they were having a hard time to restock because of the volume of Christmas orders for those and other products. Knowing that I could still get one at some point, I asked if I could order one (and told her why) and have them ship it whenever they came in stock again. She put me on hold and went to check again, coming back with an expected ship date of 25Jan. “Well,” I told her “my niece has waited 5 years so one more month should be a breeze.”

We proceeded to process the order, which involved me providing my address (I’d purchased before and would be in their customer files). I gave her our address in London, ON - where we were living at the time of my last purchase - and she quickly found me. I gave her our new address in NB, explaining that we had moved there when we retired, but then had to give her our temporary address here in TO. At this point I think she must figure I’m a NFA person on the run, so fill her in on why we’re here.

We spent the next 20 minutes chatting (hoping I don’t get you fired Jade!) about the Transplant Program, the wonderful friends we’ve met here and the miracle itself of watching those who have received their transplant breathe unassisted by oxygen therapy!

Let me tell you that I was impressed with the assistance & service Jade provided, but I was absolutely blown away when I got a text from my sister, Penny, only two days later asking if I knew anything about a parcel that had just been delivered from NovaScotian Crystal!

Sure enough, it was the very glass I had purchased for Courtney for her birthday, along with the one I decided to get for Christmas - don’t want her drinking Martinis alone!

Hopefully, she’ll send us a photo once she figures out her favourite one...I don’t think she’ll go for the original gin (my fav) or vodka versions, I’m leaning toward a Crantini - tart, sweet and a beautiful colour. 

Thank you to Jade and to the talented crystal artisans at Novascotian Crystal (click to take a look at their catalogue)!


18Dec - Moved to ACU (step-down unit)
Jess is now in ACU - and continues to amaze us with her recovery. She has taken a few walks and still can’t believe she has been given new lungs, that don’t get breathless when she takes her walks!

We stopped in for a short visit after Physio today. She looks Fabulous!

We were able to introduce her and Carla to Kyle and his friend Nicky who is visiting from the UK this week.

18Dec - Nicky, Carman, Me, Jess & Carla

17Dec - Happy Birthdays!
A big shout out today to our niece Courtney (a student at UNB, in Fredericton, NB) - who is celebrating her 19th birthday today - Happy Birthday Courtney!!!

...and the same to our friend Andrea (Studying at Acadia in lovely Wolfville, NS), celebrating her 20th

We hope you each had a wonderful day and were suitably spoiled!

Andrea
 (photo by Callie Lathem) 




No comments:

Post a Comment