Sunday, 3 February 2013

Griffin Takes Charge


30Dec
We had the pleasure of Griffin’s company today. He walked Brad up the hill this morning (checking for p-mail along the way) and arrived at our door shortly after 10. Brad will be able to spend the day with Jess at the hospital without having to worry that Griff is alone, or to leave throughout the day to take him for walks.

Griffin often visits with Jessica but this is his first solo visit. After a thorough perimeter check, he quietly settles in, stoically accepting his responsibility to guard the yard and supervise Carman while I attended to the laundry and meals.

It worked out well for everyone for him spend the time with us and we look forward to his next visit!
A thorough inspection...

A watchful eye...


Checking p-mail in the yard
Making sure Carman eats every bite
The garden just looked artsy today!


2 comments:

  1. It's funny to see someone on both sides of the fence... Someone acting as a caregiver for a girl & her dog, while they're waiting for their own precious gift...

    It's so nice that you're able to pitch in and take care of Griffin. We have people like you in our lives - and they've made our lives so much easier, and safe, and less worrisome. My mom taughts us that if you selflessly do something good for others - it will be returned sevenfold. I hope you experience that...

    You and Carman are in my thoughts!! Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve - I know exactly what you mean! I have those people in my life too (one of them is Jess) and they mean so much to me. I chatted with one of them for almost 2 hours on Sat - her parting words were - "I won't let you go" - she is my rock!

      Jess spends a lot of time thanking us and wishing she could reciprocate - I've had a hard time convincing her that she already gives back in ways she doesn't even realize!

      I count it a blessing to have you following us - your words of encouragement and your reminders of what we're here for always seem perfectly timed - must be the experience and kind heart!
      Hugs!!

      Delete