Saturday, 20 October 2012

Thursday...our new Friday


18Oct
Today we met Jess’ friend Tara  at Physio. She is in town to visit family and wanted to spend some time with Jess. They first met when Jess was in hospital at home in NS and became friends immediately. Tara fit right in with our Physio crew, helping to wipe down equipment and trying with all her might to get Carman, Jess & Mark to bike & tread without talking! Don’t worry Tara, we’ve all tried and failed at keeping Jess quiet on the equipment!

Photo by T Rolland

Our PT and I chatted about Carman’s workouts and how tired he is when he gets home. This could be due to the program needing some tweaking and is likely the impact of his inactivity on non-physio days. He now has a “homework” Physio card, with parts of his program to be done each day that he is not attending the Treadmill Room. He pouted, Mark and Jess laughed. When I told him it was because he was special, he smiled...Mark and Jess pouted!  Let’s hope the homework card gets filled in!

Carman, Jess, Tara and I convened in the McEwen Atrium for the Starbucks treats - (thanks for treating us to treats Tara, you’re the best!). We were enjoying ourselves very much, watching the pouring rain from inside the warm and dry atrium, when I asked Carman how his tank was lasting. He replied “I think its good,” then checked it and said,  “oh, hang on, only one light left on the scale - oops!” 

Our friends Paul & PeggyAnn had just come along and I had to literally run out on them to go and get the car. We hooked up the cannula to the tank so Carman could draw from it on the way home. 

On the way home, we stopped for the light at Carlton & Jarvis, where Tara executed a perfect tuck and roll out of the car and into her hotel. We then proceeded to Jess’ place. I walked her upstairs, just to make sure Bonnie was home from her visiting, and sure enough, she was just starting dinner. Jess’ eyes lit up at the sight of the sausage, onions and veggies that Bonnie was preparing! I said a quick hello to Griffon and then headed back downstairs to finish the trek home with Carman. He  switched back to his stroller to get up to our condo. He had only sat down in his chair for a few minutes when it ran out. timing is everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment