Monday, 15 October 2012

Teddy Brings Visitors & Ahhh the Spa!


12Oct
Friday morning I head to MLG Loblaws to pick up a few groceries. When I get back whom do I meet in the parking garage but Matt & Dj unpacking their car! Teddy is already upstairs supervising Carman. They made very good time travelling and are earlier than we all expected (which means we get a longer visit - yeah!).

Dj has a Spa adventure planned for her and I while the guys head to TGH for Physio. I drive them over and return, then they’ll catch a cab home and Dj and I will walk to the Elmwood. We bundle up - although the thermometer registers 12C the wind is damp and strong so it feels more like 3C. My sister Paula, knew she was coming for a visit, so sent some funding to Dj so the two of us could “do something nice” to celebrate birthdays - Dj’s on the 11th, and mine on the 15th. Because of the birthdays, the Elmwood also comps our lunch! After a leisurely lunch, we head to the whirlpool for a bit, then on to the treatment rooms for the special Siam Herbal Tension Release - which includes An exfoliating scrub made with ground coriander seed, nutmeg and other spices (that smells heavenly), followed by a warm Thai herb compress to help open pores and relieve tension, followed by a relaxation massage (so relaxing I fell asleep) using deep moisturizing lotions. Oh my goodness, was it a treat! Although we were two happy puddles of relaxation, we had to flow home in the dark and it was only 7pm!

Thank you Dj & Paula!!!

The boys said Physio went very well, Matt reported that Carman’s sats stayed above 90 for the whole session, which is great! He must not have been chirping so much on the bike and tread - oh yes, come to think of it, our Jess doesn’t go on Friday so he wouldn’t have anyone to chirp at! He and Mark aced their squats in her honour though!

When they got home the ordered Panago Pizza for supper so were also smiling when we got home - having had their fill of yummy carbs on a Friday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment