Tuesday, 30 October 2012

A Good Dose of Endorphins!


23Oct 
Tuesday - Physio was closed for the afternoon today, so taking advantage of a “day off” Carman slept in, then held down the fort, while I headed out to replenish our supply of Boost/Ensure - he keeps drinking it all!

I had told Jess I needed to do a trip to Walmart and asked if she’d either like to come along or give me a list of whatever she needed. She decided she’d love to come along so at noon I headed to her place and waited patiently at the front door for her, Bonnie, and their neighbour, park buddy and friend, Hilda. I didn’t get a response from Jess to my “I’m here” text so figured they were in the elevator on the way down. I know it’s pretty quick, so after 15 minutes, I texted again, waited a few minutes and then tried Bonnie. I finally decided to call Jess, thinking maybe she wasn’t feeling well and decided not to go. No, nothing like that, they were all just having a good chin wag and didn’t hear the text beeps!

We headed off to the Stock Yards area on St. Clair and made our first stop of the afternoon at...you guessed it - Starbucks! No shopping trip (or event of any kind for that matter) can be embarked upon without a Tall Blonde Hazelnut for Jess! Next, coffees, lattes and various caffeinated beverages in hand, we hit the Dollarama. We have a murder mystery night on Thursday, so need to pick up a few props for our roles in this little drama. While in the store perusing every aisle (the only way to do it right) Jess is struck with an idea...we should put together a Transplants for Dummies manual! She solicits help from the three of us to scour the shelves for useful items, then play Vanna to her camera, holding each item up for the perfect shot. When she got home, she went into full production mode and published the results on her blog a day later (see the link at bottom right to Live Laugh Lungs for pics and the full manual). 

It really was an outstanding adventure and plans are already in the works for two more Dummies volumes “Preparing for Transplant” & “Living with Transplant” - we have some serious research to do but will give you lots of notice!

We probably spent more time at the Dollerama than anyone every has (with the exception of the staff maybe) but had a blast and found the treasures we needed for our Breathless Gang event.

Next we headed across the acres of parking lot to Walmart where I loaded up on Ensure and some other sundry items. It turned out to be an endorphin filled adventure for the four of us! 

I hadn’t heard from Carman so on the way home, suggested Jess text him and see how he was faring on his own. He said he was fine, then she asked what I was up to. He replied that I’d left to run errands almost 4 hours ago!

She asked if he’d heard that I had run into a celebrity who is well known, much sought after and constantly hounded by paparazzi. He promptly replied “I knew if it was taking her this long to go to Walmart, she must be dragging you with her!”

It is true what they say...if you don’t get your lungs, engage in some serious retail therapy with friends and you’re guaranteed to have lots of laughs and feel infinitely better!

No comments:

Post a Comment