24Oct
Wednesday - Carman’s sister, Joyce, came to visit today. She has suggested that she’d like to help out with Physio so has come today to be trained in what needs to be done to keep Carman on track...
First thing in the morning, I start laundry and bake a chocolate cake for our Murder Mystery event (Shilpa’s birthday is coming up next week, so we’re going to surprise her at the party). I also plan to make arrangements with Sam to leave our vehicle in the back lot, and a key with the concierge, so our tanks can be filled while we’re gone, as today is delivery day. Joyce arrives around noon and before leaving for TGH, we review the filling and use of the concentrator and liquid strollers, and where the back-up cylinders of compressed O2 are kept - and how the regulators are connected and set for their use.
Fortunately, just after 12:30, we receive a call from the VitalAire driver (Omar is on vacation this week) that he is around the corner. I head down to get our vehicle and Joyce and Carman pack up and will meet me downstairs to head over to TGH once the tanks are filled. This all worked well as we had planned to arrive a little later today - we know it will be very busy because those regularly scheduled on Wednesday will be there, along with those of us who usually attend on Tuesday (to make up for our day off).
Sure enough, things are hopping when we get there, but everyone does their best to share equipment, get it wiped down quickly for the next person and keep things running smoothly. Our friend Mark is in today, so the Squat Squad do a demo on technique for everyone who will watch. One of our PTs came over when they were half way thru and asked “What is this, a squat conga line, we have going here?”
Phyllis was after Carman to do her stairs for her and at one point asked him to “Toss me that 10 lb weight when you’re done with it will you...” Oh Phyllis - living on the edge Girl! He really would likely toss it to you without too much encouragement! the Gang all hate doing stairs and squats and get just a tad punchy with each other and us coaches when those activities roll around in the flow.
Carman is thrilled after Physio, when Joyce readily agrees to partake in a Starbucks treat with him! She has earned her treat, having mastered the note taking and eyeballing of O2 levels required during Physio. I could be wrong, but I think she just might be looking forward (a little bit) to her turn at telling Carman what to do next visit!
On our way to Coffee, Carman is compelled to demonstrate his Rollator Ramp Ride for Joyce - he is getting further around the corner each try!
We have time for a snack and short visit at home, before I walk with her to catch the subway, so she can head for Union Station to catch her train home. When I return to the condo, Carman has a nap, while I finish up the laundry, ice the birthday cake and then make us dinner. It’s a hodge podge hash (they are often the best meals!) as I am trying to clean out the fridge. We are heading to London on Friday for a follow-up appointment with Dr. M - so I want to use up our veggies before we go.

Ahhhh! Thank you for my lunchtime literacy!!
ReplyDeleteThat video is awesome! Carman's got some skills :) And I love it when Joyce says "oh my gosh!"
ReplyDelete