25Oct
We lost a very dear friend today. Nan & her husband Vance have been best friends of my parents for over 50 years. My youngest sister is named for her, she gave my Mom the gift of joy, taught us all to laugh heartily, to love faithfully and to live largely! She always comforted, apologized for the shortcomings of others when she knew they’d hurt you, and never let go first when she gave you a hug. She liked to remind me that she first met me when I knocked at her door (she had recently moved in across the street from us) and said “I heard you have babies, if you need help, I can look after your babies”... I was three at the time. She has been a strong and steady presence in my life ever since and I will miss her. My heart goes out to Vance, her children Cindy (John) & Arthur (Donna) and her beloved grandchildren Willard, Nolan & Aidan. Peaceful rest Nannie, you deserve it!
![]() |
| Nan, Vance, me, Cindy, Carman & Willard |
| Dad, Nan, Vance & Mom 50th Anniversary |
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Here in TO, we get our stuff ready for the party tonight and head out to Physio. It’s a Squat Squad day, meaning that Carman, Jess & Mark all have Physio together today - which makes them each much happier about going. They try the patience of their coaches though, chattering while biking (and we all know there is NO Talking while on the bike or tread), it’s just a rule that’s lost on them!
After Physio, we rush home to get ourselves a bite to eat and then get ready to head to “Shady Oaks” aka Kristy’s place. She has organized a Murder Mystery & Surprise Birthday for Shilpa!
Carman is Ben Dawson, a recently demoted executive with a local pharmaceutical company, I am his wife, Isabella - an aspiring interior designer and although we’re relatively new to the community, I already have my finger on the pulse of everyone’s business! Kristy is our loving daughter, Sadie, devoted to her parents and unhappy at her new high school. Here is a sneak peek at this year's Christmas card:
![]() |
| Season's Greetings from the Dawson Family |
We have a great time with the motley crew of citizens who show up and Jessica (aka Kendell Kennedy, crazy librarian) of course, solves the mystery and determines who the murderer is (I won't tell you, just in case you're ever invited to an evening of Mystery in Shady Oaks) I can’t believe how brilliant she is!
Shilpa was very surprised when the mystery was solved and the evening turned into a birthday party for her. Mission accomplished Kristy!
![]() |
| Murder Mystery Night 25Oct12 F: Ruth, Helene, Shilpa, Jessica, Kristy, Retta B: Matt, Gary, Jim, Carman, Derek, Bonnie, Rob, Susan & Pamela |



No comments:
Post a Comment