Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Puddle Jumper!

14Nov
Wednesday morning I receive a text from Dj - “check your Facebook page!”

Her FB post to my Timeline this morning:
I haven't quite yet figured out how to properly thank you for teaching my dog the love of puddles.

It's freaking November.
There is only one little 2 foot by 5 foot puddle left in the whole massive dog park.

And you better believe that your ass of a grand puppy found it.

Not only did he find it.
He preceded to lay down in it.
TWICE.
And then ran threw it again a couple of times for good measure.

So from the deepest depths of my heart I would like to wish you the biggest most sarcastic thank you I can muster.

This makes me laugh out loud! Not because I know that she’ll have to give the dog a bath, just to let him in the house when they get home, but because I can visualize the sheer joy in his expression as he splashes back and forth thru the puddle. Not unlike her pleasure when we would done our wellies and head to the back lane for some puddle jumping of our own when she was 2 and 3 years old.

She is right, I did teach Teddy about puddles just before his first birthday on one of his visits to NB. There was one spot between our yard and our neighbour Joye where the water collected each time it rained.  I had Teddy outside and saw the puddle. His feet were muddy so I walked into the puddle and he followed. Next we ran thru the puddle and then he spent the next 5 minutes running back and forth across the puddle having a grand time! His Mom was not impressed - she had just had him groomed for his visit with us. History was made that night...to this day, Teddy loves any opportunity to splash about in water - unless its in a tub of some sort and includes suds.  
You’re welcome Honey!
King of the World!
Puddle, River, it's all water!



Who knew? A Bog is water too!

and if you spin around like this...


Even on a dry day...I can find water!
I believe my work here is done!


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Teddy's awesome. As far as you Pamela - glad you didn't see the G-man as a puppy. Love you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey J,
      don't you know I specialize in teaching old dogs new tricks
      bwahahaha!

      Delete