30Oct
Tues - Teddy and I have an early morning walk together, something we both enjoy very much...until we approach the park and SQUIRREL!...I nearly lose my arm! He is convinced that no squirrel’s life is complete until its had the opportunity to play with him! This can only be accomplished if he lunges across the lawn of the park with his Gruppy (Gramma of puppy) waving in the air at the other end of the leash like a flag on a breezy afternoon!
Ok - ouch! the leash gets wrapped behind my back so I can at least dig my heels in the dirt for the next squirrel - wait...PIGEONS...will do just as well as playmates! I’m sure my will is stronger, but he definitely has me in the leg-muscle-power department and reluctantly sits for me, all a-tremble, as he watches the squirrels cavort among the trees collecting winter stores and then is distracted by the plump city pigeons strutting perilously (for me) close by. I tear him away from the park and he begrudgingly contents himself by checking pee-mail at every post, plant stem and light standard all the way home.
Dj is Dad’s coach for physio today - he is afraid, very afraid! They call me Attila at Physio, because I’m a stickler for doing the program correctly to get the most possible benefit from the energy Carman puts into it...and it’s a toss up between which of us is stricter! It all goes well though, and she has a chance to say hello our physio friends that she has come to know as well.
Dj and I had planned to go to yoga together after physio, but cancel this as I have committed to helping Shilpa’s Mom as often as needed during the next few weeks while Shilpa progresses thru her recovery. I will sit in waiting, so Sapna can get home for a short rest and change...she has been at the hospital since before the surgery, so is in much need of some rest and a visit to Temple. This is something I am more than happy and able to help with. Much to my relief, there are no calls to family from the ICU staff, which means my turn at sitting is blessedly uneventful.
Jen and Max are coming into the city tonight and we’ll all go for dinner together. We’ll miss having Kyle join us, but his work keeps him in the London region today. I meet them at the restaurant, having texted in my order on the way - they’ve selected The Keg and I know what I like on the menu there (Carman calls this predictable, I call it ordering what I like and since I can’t eat beef, I love the salmon...every time I have it - :o)
![]() |
| Derek James 30Apr76 - 30Oct08 |
Our first toast is to Derek, our son and brother, whom we lost 4 years ago today. It feels good to be together and to share a toast in his honour. Our second toast is to Shilpa, her new lungs and a speedy recovery...
A big thanks go to Jen & Max for treating us to dinner!

Pamela I can’t believe it’s been 4 years time! Elisa
ReplyDelete