Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Happy Birthday Roe & Off to London...


26Oct 
Today is our niece’s birthday so a BIG Happy Birthday shout out to Rosemary - way over in Botswana!

Friday morning finds me packing up and off we head to London. Carman has a follow-up appointment with Dr. M this afternoon, then we’ll have dinner with the Elrick’s (it’s a great deal, use of the Granny suite and they feed us very well!). Mary, Lee & Linda will join us for dessert, so we’re looking forward to a nice evening.
Carman in the hospital foyer...
either construction zone or decorated like the
 inside of a pumpkin for Hallowe'en!

The report from Dr. Mehta is good. TGH has forwarded all of Carman’s recently completed tests, and he is pleased to report that the PH remains stable, and his pulmonary function has not dropped since it was checked in July. Dr. M credits the physio program and (again) asks Carman how he is doing with his exercises the non-physio days...no new developments to report there folks, the homework card still has only one entry on it  :o(

27Oct 

On Saturday morning, I leave sleeping beauty in the Granny Suite and bid Barb & Randy a good day with the grandkids. I then head to Elisa’s where she will do her excellent work and bring my roots and wayward locks into submission for another 5 weeks or so. 

It’s just the two of us, (and Harley her helper) as Tony is still working on the honeymoon home (for Sonya & Jason, who are being battered at sea by Sandy, while on a cruise). We do our best to fill the shop with chatter while Harley hangs about to help with the colour choices and get some lovin - he misses Sonya! When we're done the hair we enjoy a lovely lunch together (with some prep assistance from Harley of course). Her niece Sophia and sister Lordonna arrive to take her birthday shopping so I get to visit with them for a bit before we all head our separate ways.
  

While I’ve been having some girl time, Carman has been doing some boy bonding with Kyle, his friend Scott and Max (Scott’s son) over lunch. I know Carman has enjoyed himself because he even has a photo (or several) of Max to show me!

Barb and Randy are home when we get back so she and I entertain the boys with a game of Euchre - even letting them beat us a few times!

We have arranged to meet Johnny for dinner so head out to Kelsey’s. On our way to the table, I hear my name and turn to see my friend JoAnne and her husband in one of the booths. JoAnne and I are both retired from Libro and I haven’t seen her in a couple of years. We do some catch up and then head on to meet John and allow them to enjoy the last of the warmth in their meal.

28Oct 
On Sunday, we pack everything up and head to north London, to grab a quick coffee with Dj’s great uncles and aunts, Charlie, David, Suzanne & Vivian. It’s been a couple of years since we’ve seen them also, although Charlie and I have been in touch via email. Wonderful to see them and get caught up on what Natalie, Christopher and John are doing now!

Carman, Suzanne, Charlie, Vivian & David

By the time we leave the wind is howling and the sky is heavy. Just outside of Woodstock it starts to rain, and continues that way for the balance of the drive back to our little Toronto estate. 

A good weekend yes, and good to get home and unpack!

1 comment:

  1. Harley is posing so nicely miss you both...Elisa

    ReplyDelete