05Nov
Monday morning I head south to meet Elisa at Union Station, she has come for another visit and to do her Physio Coach training today. We make our way home via MLG Loblaws to pick up some items for our lunch. When we get home, Carman is all set for Physio. We warm up the panini sandwiches while I toss together a salad and enjoy catching up over lunch.
I am running errands around the hospital, so Elisa gets a crash course in filing in the data on Carman’s card (guided by Carman and Jess) so then Jamie sets her straight on a couple of items they are less than honest about. When I return to the Treadmill Room, I’m told by several witnesses that Elisa has been doing an excellent job of keeping Carman on track!
Of course Physio is followed by the Starbucks treat in the Atrium, then I head for the car. Back home we have time for a short visit, before Elisa and I head out to walk to the Wellesley subway station. From there she’ll head to Union to catch her train back to London.
Later that night, I call and leave a message at her house, just checking to make sure her trip went smoothly. A short while later a text arrives from her husband Tony, informing me that yes, unfortunately she hopped on the correct train and is now at home...funny guy! I’m not sure who he was hoping would step off the train he met, but he’d be absolutely lost without Elisa - and he knows it!
Those of you who follow the blog regularly will know that I participated in a Golf Fore the Cure event near the end of September, with 3 of my friends from Greenhills in London - all of whom have chaired the event at the course over the past few years. Golf Canada has posted some photos and video from the wonderful day we had. We are the pink boa’d team and you’ll see us a few times in the video. It was truly a fantastic day, and a great event to cap a year of golfing to raise money for a cause that touches so many of us. Check out this link:
No comments:
Post a Comment