02-04Nov
Friday sees us bidding farewell to Dj and Teddy as they head home after another great visit. Hot on the heels of their visit, Carman’s cousin, John and his wife Roberta drop in for a visit on Saturday. They’re in the city to attend a family photo shoot with two of their sons and their families. After their visit, I head over to TGH to spend some time with Sapna and when I arrive back home Kyle and his friend, Dave, have dropped by for a visit with Carman.
All is quiet in the early evening and I text Jess to see how she is doing. Bonnie left today so I know she’ll be sad, even though her Mom arrives tomorrow. I needn’t have worried, as Jamie is still here with her, and wheeled her around town and up Yonge St. for the afternoon, where they each got a manicure. They are within a couple of blocks of us so I suggest they wheel on over and we’ll play a game. They agree, so I tell Carman they are coming over and he does this:
They haven’t eaten dinner yet and decline my offer to throw something together, instead opting for Carman’s fingers to walk the web and get some Swiss Chalet delivered for them. While we wait, they show us what they've been up to for the afternoon:
Once they’ve staved off certain hunger, we get down to business with a game of Sequence, or two or three...
As always, there is disagreement on who the winners are (Jess & Carman claim victory) but Jamie and I are pretty clear on our success! The debate continues...and so will the game playing!
![]() |
| Jamie, Carman, Jessica & Me |
On Sunday, Jess’ Mom, Carla, is due to arrive around 4 so I pick Jess up and we head out to Billy Bishop. Well, we head to the city terminal, the airport is actually on the island and once they deplane (why does that make me think of Ricardo Montalban?), passengers just hop on a ferry to the terminal.
Jess is watching the flight data on her iPhone, and we seem to have a moving target as far as predicted arrival goes. There is no parking, just a circle at which people can tuck and roll out of your car to catch a flight or leap and land in the vehicle with their bags in tow, to be whisked away to hotels or homes in the city. We do the circle and the Queens Quay drive about 3 times, killing time until we think we’ve narrowed down the arrival. I pull into a construction entrance that gives us a pretty clear view of the ferry terminal doors and we watch for Carla. After a good surge of folks come thru we decide a closer look is in order so decide to drive the circle once more...and we spot her, wave and yell, drive up and throw her and her bags into the Tiguan and high tail it out of there!
I drop the happily reunited mother-daughter duo off at Jess’ condo, where Jamie and Griffin are waiting in the lobby and head back home. I’ve just missed Kyle, who stopped by for another visit before heading back to London. Carman said he didn’t stay long today, something about a severe headache that hit hard immediately when he woke up this morning after last night’s party...hmmm.




Love Carman's reaction. I always knew I was exciting but....
ReplyDeleteThanks again for driving me all over the city. Looks like someone will hear from Santa this year!
Funny you should mention that...I saw Santa trying to sell the sleigh & reindeer on TV today...imagine the adventures we could have in that baby - all in one night!
DeleteHugs Chicklet