Wednesday, 11 July 2012

It’s all in the coaching...


10Jul
Tuesday and I guess I should have gotten more details on how the Physio went yesterday. Carman and Danica both reported that it went ok, his sats dropped out of range a couple of times so he had to stop to rest, then finish his biking and parts of the program, but got it almost finished. As soon as I arrived (I drop Carman, go around the block to park and then meet him in the treadmill room) the Elliot Lake Ladies asked “are you nicer than the coach yesterday?”...they must have seen Dj putting him thru his paces or setting him right on something - ha, ha. In any case, I said “No, definitely not. I taught her all she knows about coaching and held some stuff back for me!” We all had a good laugh and then it was time to put Carman to work.
In spite of having woken up “feeling his muscles” from Monday’s workout (this too tells me Dj did a good job) he said the workout felt really good. We had to cut short his treadmill time though as 4:00 rolled around before he was done, and the room closes at 4. Our PT suggested we could switch to the 1:00 slot which isn’t as busy these days, that way hopefully Carman could get everything done without having to quit early. We’ll try that for the next week and see how it goes. We’ll have to flex a few sessions anyway as we have an Echo coming up on the 12th and know there will be other appointments as well.



The sky tonight over our apartment...

No comments:

Post a Comment