Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Til Next Time...


09Jul
Monday, and back to the realities of laundry and daily chores. Dj is looking forward to going to Physio with Dad and being his coach...I’m not sure Dad has the same level of enthusiasm but is putting on a brave face anyway!
Matt has arranged a meeting downtown while he's here, so I do the drive-and-drop for everyone and then am at my liesure to tour about and familiarize myself with a few new locations and streets I haven’t covered yet. This is far better to do when you don’t have a specific desitnation or appointment; you can take wrong turns and discover new treasures that weren’t in the plan without any sense of panic whatsoever! Having about 1/2 hour before picking Matt up I head to the Distillery District (the new refurbishment project...as was Cabbagetown in the 80’s). We plan to go there after Physio for a bite to eat before Dj and Matt head back to Ottawa (there isn’t any point in trying to do that during the 4-6pm time slot...we might as well enjoy the extra time together and they’ll be no further behind in getting home, since traffic will no doubt be flowing better later on.
Carman was disappointed not to be able to get his Starbucks mocha frappa crappa somethingorother after Physio, so I promptly found a cafe and got him a reasonable substitute, alas, without the whip topping! 


Dj and Matt did a foot tour, while we lounged in the breeze at one of the outdoor seating areas. They had gone to scout out the eateries and determine which would be easiest for us to get to, while manouevering the Rollator over cobblestones.
They found the Pure Spirits Oyster House just around the corner from where we were sitting so we all trooped over there and enjoyed our meals; Carman - the crab cake; Matt - the seared ahi tuna and Dj and I share the ahi tuna tartar and  PEI mussels done with a chinese black bean sauce, that was outstanding! It was a very nice way to mark the end of another great visit...and there are lots more spots to explore there next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment