Thursday, 9 August 2012

Post Physio Dinner Date


07Aug
Physio was good today, the re-breather is definitely helping to keep Carman’s O2 levels above 90 while he does his 20 minutes on the treadmill, bike and 20 reps on the 2-step stairs. I was able to slip downstairs to deliver some ice cream and home-made minestrone soup to Heather. She has one more plasmapheresis treatment to go, then will start her round of treatment for the rejection. She was tired, but very upbeat as her Mom due to arrive on Thursday.

We had made arrangements with Shilpa for her to come home with us after physio and stay for dinner and a visit. She and Carman placed their strollers in the basket and then carefully walked the Rollator to the McEwen Atrium to secure the Starbucks treats, while I headed to get the car.

We had a good dinner (thanks again to the Looney Spoons Ladies) of Quinoa stuffed peppers and then chatted until well past curfew, covering every topic imaginable. It was after 11 by the time we noticed the time of night and got ourselves rounded up to take Shilpa home.

I left Carman to go to bed and drove Shipa to High Park. We had a delightful, not often experienced drive down an almost deserted Gardiner Expressway, making it to her house in what I’m sure will be an unbroken record time. I was able to meet her Mom and have a quick visit in the foyer, before heading back to our place.

We’re looking forward to next visit, to which Shilpa has promised to bring some games!
...and yeah, we remembered the guest book and a photo!  Thanks for a lovely evening Shilpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment