Our new neighbours had an open house today, to celebrate the (almost) completion of renos on their new home. They have lived in the building for awhile, but moved to our floor in July to get a unit with southern exposures on the balcony. Dj, Matt and I dropped in early in the afternoon to extend our best wishes and Carman and I popped in later in the day when the crowd had thinned out. Gord did the renos himself and they are just waiting on a couple of cupboard doors in the kitchen to call it done. He and his partner, George, have a beautiful place just down the hall from us.
Late afternoon, we had a wonderful visit with our brother-in-law, Tim, who flew in from NB early (meetings all week) so we could squeeze in some time together. He came bearing gifts...early birthday treats for Carman, a few jars of my sister’s Strawberry and Strawberry-Pineapple freezer jams, along with some cookies a few from each batch of sugar, chocolate and ginger! I’m partial to the ginger ones myself, so may snitch a few - shh! Tim is in the retail business so a visit to MLG Loblaws was in order - it continues to impress everyone I drag there! He and Carman took the opportunity to do a walk about, then copped a squat in the red and gold seats, now installed by the coffee bar in the store. When our shopping and touring was done, we dropped Dj and Matt back to the condo and then took Tim back to his hotel, at the north end of the city near the airport.
While in the parking lot, I grabbed a plane pic for Jess (she loves watching them).


No comments:
Post a Comment