12Sep
A phone call to Mom on her birthday is in order today, I’ll just wait until Carman is up so he can chat with her too - she is the ultimate Leaf’s Fan, so we have all chipped in to give her a Leafs jersey, complete with her name on the back!
I call her mid-morning and as soon as she answers the phone I start a Happy Birthday seranade. When I finish, she thanks me profusely adding, “that’s the best rendition of Happy Birthday I’ve had today!”...which begged question “how many have you had, Mom?”...to which she answered “just your’s so far!” - I’m sure glad I set the bar low and by the end of the day, I’ll bet mine was still the best!
We chatted for the better part of an hour with Mom & Dad and got caught up on all the family news. We sometimes think that when we leave a place things will stand still until our return, but such is not the case... It appears life goes on without us...which means my flowers have grown and provided a spot of colour, which will soon fade and be blanketed with...WAIT, let’s not go there just yet!
Our friend Gerry was in town to attend a presentation today and was able to coordinate a visit with us between it and another meeting. He shared stories of the excitement at their house as he and Kristen (let’s face it Gerry, mostly Kristen) prepared Blake for his first days at school...aghh! how did that happen so quickly?
Heather took great care of us once again at The Blake House (even did the photography for us - thanks Heather!), and we were able to score the front corner table on the patio so we could watch for Omar while we enjoyed our lunch.
On Tuesday, I stopped by to visit our friends Ruth & Gary, whom we have missed at physio over the last couple of weeks. None of our Breathless Gang had spoken with them, so I sweet talked and laid the east coast charm on so thick that the concierge at their building finally relented and called Gary to let him know there was an unplanned visitor to see them. While waiting for the elevator to head up to their unit, I was treated to viewing the top half of one of the other cars, which was undergoing it’s regular maintenance.
Think about all those movies you’ve seen, where the star jumps onto the top of the moving car to rescue the day...it looks easy right? Elevator shaft, cables for sliding down on and a nice clear flat surface on which to land...ahhh, the stuff of movies...here’s a look at what the top of the car really looks like (be careful where you step!)
No comments:
Post a Comment