31Aug - Friday
Friday is a good Physio session, Carman does well with his workout and then we go to the Phlebotomy Clinic to use the scale for a weigh-in...and we’re up 2 lbs! this is great news and now we just have to figure out how to maintain this until we can add a few more.
Our friend Mark is back in the Treadmill Room, still not feeling well but he’s here and giving al he can to his workout. Keep up the good work Mark, we want you to be walking your beautiful daughter down the aisle in a few weeks!
01Sep - Saturday
Sat and I’ve planned to deliver Brad to the Island airport for his flight home. Carman is still in bed when I leave to pick him and Jess up (11:30) so I charge him with being up and dressed by the time I return...in a couple of hours.
Jess does a great job of holding it together, and even poses for a couple of pictures before losing it - this isn’t easy! As much as she knows he has to return to NS for work and the 3 boys, she will miss him desperately...this is the stuff of the transplant program - being separated from your family. Within a few blocks of the ferry terminal, I have her looking for a Starbucks so we can acquire a tall blonde hazelnut for her...alas no convenient parking at the nearest Starbucks so we decide to go back to her place and have coffee (that way Heather can participate too).
I call Carman to make sure he is up and attem...and he is...and has decided to shave and shower. I tell him I’ll be an hour or so, which works fine for him. Jess, Heather and I enjoy a coffee and cover every topic under the sun for the next hour, then I head home.
Carman is now ready for the day (it’s 2pm) so sits down and turns on the golf...he is in a pool for the season, with extra picks for specific tournaments. I’ll have to talk to the MOTP team about this, it seems to cause him a great deal of stress as the players he has on his roster continue to rise to the top of the leader board by Saturday, then fall behind on Sunday (he spends a lot of time on Sunday calling them useless or worse), this can’t be good for him!
A mere two hours later, he is napping...and napping...and napping. I text Jess and ask for ideas on how to keep him awake for a few hours and she jumps all over that, asking us to come on over and bring the UNO Spin so we can teach Heather how to play. Well, that gets us all pumped for a few hours and naturally, Jess wins! Again!
02Sep - Sunday
Sunday is a day of recovery from a night of games and I decide some fall cleaning is in order. After the regular laundry, I strip the bed and run loads of duvet cover & shams, mattress cover, sheets and anything that doesn’t have legs and fits in the machine! All is fresh for the start of the school year - sorry kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment