29Aug
Wednesday and we’re happy Omar is delivering today...it was a busy week and with the trip to London, an a clinic appointment added to the schedule, we’ve just about drained both tanks of liquid O2. We might get one stroller filled between the two - which is effective use on one hand and cutting it close on the other. We can order for emergency delivery, but try not to do that.
I’ve noticed a few interesting things pop up in my side mirror lately. Let’s not even start on what you see thru the windshield when driving around the big city!
I had to pull onto a side street recently, to get turned around and head back from whence I came, since I could make a right turn when headed south, but couldn’t make a left when headed north and wasn’t willing to drive the 6 extra blocks to get where I was headed. In any case, I had turned onto a dead end (where Jennifer lived for a short while) so drove to the end and executed a turn. Half way thru said turn, I glanced in the mirror before backing up and then had to stop on the spot, check that there were no other vehicles around, grab my phone and snap this pic...
I’m all for open concept living, but this is a little too open for me!
Later the same day, I was driving along College St. near Bay and saw all the TD Tower staff milling around on the sidewalk (definitely more than just the smoke break crowd). Turns out everybody was on a smoke break! The good news was - false alarm, so they just got to head outside in the sunshine while the fire boys checked everything out. A bit nerve wracking none the less being stopped at a red light in front of a 30 storey tower that might be on fire - but there were trucks fore and aft taking care of things!
Then there are pedestrians who catch your eye (Carman took this one since I was driving when the sighting happened)...there are always events going on that require aliens to come out from the depths of the subway to attend...
Yes those are little red horns sticking out of the head of the person(?) on the right and although it doesn’t show well in the photo, her(?) face is lime green.
The waiting may be long, but it's never boring here in the Big Smoke!
We know that Brad is heading home to NS to be with the boys this weekend and none of us know when his next visit will be. With that in mind, (and in an attempt to monopolize his time) I text Jess to see if they are up for a game tonight - BLAM! instant reply...FUN!!!!! We are there!
For nostalgia, a game of UNO Spin is in order and I attempt a crack at - and beat - Carman’s record by having to pick up 31 cards to finally get a blue one!



No comments:
Post a Comment