24Jun
We did it again...that’s twice within a 24 hour period! Carman’s brother Alex & our sister-in-law, Birdie, came for a visit this afternoon (bearing many much appreciated gifts, including an electric grill, a muffin pan, rice steamer, some games and all the items on my Costco list - which they claim were free! ahem...) AND we forgot to get them to sign the guest book!
Now, loss of memory is a common side affect of low oxygen levels, so Carman has a legitimate excuse...but me...welll...we’ve set aside a space for them and will get double signing next visit!
The boys did the old balcony bonding thing, while Birdie and I prepared some fruit, cheese, meat, olives and other assorted grazing foods for our afternoon visit (over a glass of Fuzion). We hadn’t seen each other since our Hamilton Christmas lunch last November so had lots of news to share (that little kitchen was pretty warm by the time we finished), and got to chat about our niece Rosemary’s wedding (in Spain, in December).
It was a great visit, and I guess the week caught up with both of us, by 7 Carman was catching z’s on the couch and I’m sure I read the same page of my book a few times between lengthy blinks ;o)
Fine enough, we have physio tomorrow so the extra rest is a good idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment