14Jun12
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later and hopefully not at all...but today I met my first "nasty bit" of the otherwise friendly TO population - right in our building. A misguided soul who believes we shouldn’t be allowed to have delivery of O2 anywhere near here as we might “blow up the building” and who certainly didn’t want me to load the liquid tank into the car in the loading zone at the front door! I was blocking the way for his cab! Loading the tank with help from the driver takes no longer than it does for someone to climb into the back of a cab, get settled in and tell the driver where they are going...to top it off, this gentleman has only one volume of speaking voice - definitely shouty capitals!
The irony here, is that the distance he had travelled from the elevator to foyer and out to the bench, on which he was sitting waiting for the cab, is at least quadruple the distance he would have had to cover if he had risen from the bench and walked to the cab behind my vehicle...I apologized to our delivery driver as we were securing the tank in the car, saying he shouldn’t have to hear anything like that and bless his heart, he said “some people are just angry at life and nothing you or I do will change that, don’t worry about it.” I could have hugged him...but it was his first delivery to us, so I held off...for now!
Then our Matt got all creative and put together our very own Ted-dy Talk via Text:
"I miss Danica" "...and Pamela" "...and Carman is ok too..."
"...except when he wears sandals with a suit, who does that?"
Thanks for the laugh out loud Matt & Teddy!




No comments:
Post a Comment