Monday, 4 June 2012

A Home away from Home!


03Jun12
Sunday, we’ve said goodbye to our view of the Zanzibar and Madge; checked out of the hotel where the public elevators are taking some time off (so we use the service elevators...no doubt a great day for the staff, but they still smile); transferred our gear to the Tiguan and we're off to the apartment...

Carman is able to spend the afternoon relaxing on the couch, watching an interview with Kelly Clarkson on Q, with Jian Gomehsi (one of my favourite interviewers; but Miss Clarkson definitely suffers from "like-itis", using it every 3rd word)...he is patiently waiting for the golf to come on (we don’t have the Golf channel, but will inquire about adding it to the cable service). I head out for a little spree at the Dollerama (got some gardening gloves, oh yeah!) and some groceries  at the Maple Leaf Gardens Loblaws - a shopping adventure for sure! 
Tonight we’ll enjoy our first meal together in our temporary TO home...Baked rosemary & garlic chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots...but sadly, none of Mom’s homemade pie for dessert...so Carman settles for a few of the cookies she and Penny sent with us!







4 comments:

  1. I want a Loblaws near my new house! And a dollerama! Nice to hear that you're adjusting well to life in the big city. Next mission: find a bakery for those pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Roe, I'm going to check out the St. Lawrence Market for pie! xo

      Delete
  2. Just saw your blog for the first time. Glad to see that you're settling in your temporary abode. This may sound strange but Corienne and I were just thinking about our favourite people who have graced our life. You two came to mind.
    I know that your journey will be successful and I definitely want to be kept on the blog. All the best to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dr. Jim - our sentiments match yours, we found so much in common it just all clicked and we miss you and your team! Thanks for "following" us - we appreciate all the wonderful support our good friends are giving us. Hugs!

      Delete